Sunday, March 1, 2009

Simple joys in life

I just couldn't resist taking this picture. Jack went to a birthday party this weekend where he received a lunch bag as his "thank you" gift/goodie bag. He was SO excited about this lunch bag. I'm not even sure how to explain how excited he was about it. Was it because it was blue - his favorite color or because his name was on it? Whatever it was, he REALLY liked it. When we got home he asked if he could sleep with it. I know, a bit odd, but whatever. I said sure, if you really want to. We always check on the boys before bed and this is what we found Saturday night - Jack holding on to his new lunch bag (see his thumb through the handle). I just love how a child can be so utterly excited about something so simple. I hope that Jack will continue to inspire Branden and I to always appreciate the simple joys in life.


1 comment:

The Beard Family of 5 said...

those are the absolute best pictures ever!!

Funny, I have the same exact thing with Kade sleeping and gripping a party bag too (o: