Friday, May 29, 2009

Is it time to take a nap?

I received this and thought wow, I really need a nap. Okay, I already knew I needed a nap but then I read it again and I thought wow, God wants me to take a nap (he he). I tend to push myself so hard typically doing silly little things when really I should be resting and saving my energy for those that matter the most - my family. My boys are so good about taking their daily nap and waking up SO ready to start the second half of the day. I only wish I would do the same. Thank you Brenda for checking up on me and for sending me this reminder to get some rest.

This is for all of you mom's and dad's out there that need a nap:

Is It Time To Take a Nap?

“In six days I, the Lord, made the earth, the sky, the seas, and everything in them, but on the seventh day I rested” (Exodus 20:11 TEV).

By :Rick Warren
From:PurposeDriven.com

Sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is just go take a nap. That’s because when you’re physically down, it’s hard to be emotionally and spiritually up. The legendary football (U.S.) coach Vince Lombardi said, “Fatigue makes cowards of us all.” That’s true. It’s amazing how much better things look when you’re rested.

If you’re discouraged right now, it might not mean you have to make a change; it may simply be that you need some rest.

Farmers know that soil needs rest, so they rotate their crops and systematically leave a portion of their land fallow. They do this because land that has rested produces a greater harvest.

About one hundred years ago, a businessman named Frederick W. Taylor did a scientific study on the workplace and productivity. Do you know what his study proved? That people will produce more if they have periodic breaks; and from that, he introduced the coffee break.

Resting is spiritual. The Bible says God “enjoys giving rest to those He loves” (Psalm 127:2 MSG). You may need to put that verse on your refrigerator. The Bible says it’s vain for you to rise up early and stay up late.

The Bible also says, “You made my body, Lord; now give me sense to heed Your laws” (Psalm 119:73 LB). What are His laws for the body? Eat right, get your sleep, exercise, and relax.

Rest is so important, in fact, that God put it in the Ten Commandments. In essence, He said, “Every seventh day you are to rest.”

Don’t ignore what God established. A good night’s sleep makes a big difference. And even a quick nap can help you see things clearly.

No comments: