Monday, July 20, 2009

A week in review

Monday, July 13th - Friday, July 17th

Seems like the week went by SO fast and now we are half way through the next week that I better do an entry about it or I will soon forget what we did and the fun we had.

MONDAY: Fun with Grammy. Does that look like fun or what???



THEY CALL THIS BUCKET HEAD. I HAVE TRULY NEVER HEARD SO MUCH LAUGHING FROM EITHER OF THEM! THEY HAD A GREAT MORNING!



WEDNESDAY:
Well, once again I had a failed attempt to take the boys to the free movies at the Towne Center. Because Ben is just so wiggly I don't feel comfortable taking the boys on my own and I haven't been able to secure any help on Wednesday. It just doesn't seem unfair to Jack to have to leave in the middle or whenever Ben starts acting like Ben. So, I did what any Mom who is dying of heat exhaustion in her house with two small children does - she takes the kids to the library for story time!

Luckily, it wasn't just story time it was a fun music performance but a man and a women. She sang and play different hand held instruments and the man sang and played the guitar. The kids LOVED it and it was a full hour long of singing, dancing in the air conditioned library - so I LOVED it to. Of course, I didn't bring the camera with me. I got a few shots on my phone, but they are pretty bad. I might add them if I find a moment. I was happy that our morning was salvaged and the boys had fun.

Later that night we went to CONCERT IN THE PARK. It was super fun this week! The kids had a blast, the music was upbeat and fun and the food was GREAT! We had a Mexican themed pot luck and I stuffed myself. What more can you ask for - good friends and good food!



Jack with the "Andrew Sisters"

Benjamin, Sammy, Emily and Jack

Having fun with Miss Lisa and the girls!


FRIDAY:
We had a very nice and relaxing (so great for me) morning at Mary and Matthew Dau's house. The kids played super well and Mary and I were able to actually visit much more than we ever have before. Mary thank you for your hospitality!
It was a good week. I am so thankful for the help I have received with the boys from my Mom and my friends. Being told to take it easy is really difficult when you have two little boys so I am just so grateful for the babysitting help and the dancing and play dates to help keep my boys occupied and happy! I have no idea what I would do without you guys in my life.

1 comment:

The Beard Family of 5 said...

what about Saturday? LOL xoxo