Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's a sad day

I have just learned of a sweet little girl Catherine born November 15, 2009 to Josh and Elizabeth. Catherine's mother is part of my on-line Spina Bifida support group. Baby Catherine was born with Spina Bifida and mild Hydrocephalus just like our Annabelle. Sadly, Catherine did not survive her shunt surgery on Tuesday, November 24th. No words can express how this family must be feeling right now.

My heart aches for them and I don't know any way to help them except to ask for prayers for them from the people who have been so diligently praying for Annabelle. Please pray for this sweet family as they try and deal with the loss of their sweet innocent baby. Please pray that they will be able to explain this tragic loss to their other three very young children. Please pray that they will some day be at peace.

This Thanksgiving I ask that you please pray for all babies with Spina Bifida that God will protect them always.

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

My heart is broken. I am so sorry to hear this. We will keep this sweet family in our prayers. My heart is so full for all of my SB friends at this time.
Does this family have a blog?

Summers Family said...

They have a caring bridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/catherinesimmons

Happy Thanksgiving Sarah